PROF. DR. · SECURITY EXPERT
TOBB University of Economics and Technology, Söğütözü Cad. No:43 Söğütözü Ankara TURKEY TR-06560
Full professor of Computer Engineering at TOBB University of Economics and Technology, Ankara, Turkey and the co-founder of Securify, a start-up working on cyber security technologies and focused on behavioral biometrics. 20+ years research, teaching and project management experience on security.
Securify Corp. Ankara, Turkey
CO-FOUNDER Mar. 2016 – PRESENT
- Manager of the project named ”Development of an Authentication System Based on Behavioral Biometrics” funded by TÜBİTAK.
- Led the team in developing the CyFusion module responsible for correlation of security data originating from various sources such as SIEM.
- Doing consultancy work on various security projects.
TOBB University of Economics and Technology Ankara, Turkey
PROF. DR. Aug. 2007 – PRESENT
- Project manager of cybersecurity projects on topics such as graphical passwords, user authentication, network security, white-box cryptogra- phy, etc.
- Teaching various undergrad and grad level courses.
- Giving consultancy to various security companies including STM, Havelsan, Comodo and various others.
- Advised 5+ PhD and 10+ MS completed thesis on security and networking topics.
- Published research papers on prestigious journals and conferences.
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, The Netherlands
POSTDOC RESEARCHER Jul. 2004 – Jan. 2006
- Researcher in EU FP6 project named SecurE-Justice.
- Team member of Tanenbaum’s research group.
Middle East Technical University Ankara, Turkey
RESEARCH ASSISTANT AND INSTRUCTOR Mar. 2000 – Jul. 2006
- Finished PhD thesis titled On the Efficiency of Authentication Protocols, Digital Signatures and Their Applications in E-Health: A Top-Down Approach, Adviser: Nazife Baykal.
- Taught various grad level courses.
USC Information Sciences Institute Los Angeles, USA
GRADUATE RESEARCH ASSISTANT Aug. 1998 – Mar. 2000
- Implementation of server-assisted signature protocol using OPENSSL libary.
- Implementation of one-time digital signature libary.
- Participation in the design and definition of the common intrusion detection framework.
Honors & Awards
2018 2nd Place, for the BiyoSecure product, TechAnkara 2018 Ankara, Turkey
2006 Best Thesis Award, Adviser of MS Thesis of Yusuf Uzunay Ankara, Turkey
2012-2016 Committee Member, TÜBİTAK TEYDEB (Industrial Program) BILTEG (Information Technologies Group) Turkey
2012 – ? Member Of Editorial Board, Computer Standards and Interfaces (Elsevier) Journal The Netherlands
Published 20+ journal and 30+ international conference papers.
See my Google Scholar profile for the full list (https://scholar.google.ca/citations?user=HCTygx4AAAAJ)
If you want a longer CV, you can visit the Curriculum Vitae Section.